Graphic designers will have the chance to participate in Carifta 49. As usual, the Games have a commemorative programme. The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) thought it would be interesting for designers to compete for prize money and tokens to offer their expertise at the 49th edition of the Games. The Games are scheduled for April 16-18 at the National Stadium in Kingston.
Submission for magazine cover design contest
Designing a cover for the 49th edition of the Carifta Games
- Over the past 50 years, junior track and field athletes from 27 so-called CARIFTA territories have competed fiercely for honors on the track and on the field. The Bahamas, Bermuda and Jamaica are the only countries to have won this prestigious title. The event began in Barbados and for the past 50 years has been staged at major athletics facilities in the region. This region is full of color and excitement and lends itself to a wide range of intense performances from athletes aged 20 and under.
The cover design should portray this energy, while identifying the location, dates and theme – Home of Future Stars.
- 81/2 X 11 inches
- All in color
- Must be done in JPEG (600 dpi or more)
- During the final selection, the committee will request an illustrator and/or a vector file
- Registration closes Friday, March 4, 2022
- Only one model can be used.
- This winner will have to send Adobe, Illustrator and Vector
- Cash – $100,000
- Gift item from major partners
- Season Pass Tickets for Event Plus One
- Cover design will be used for online and print versions
- The winner will be announced in the media spaces
- The winner will have photo opportunities
- The winner will receive ONE copy as a souvenir
Registrations open – Monday, February 28
Deadline: Monday, March 14 at 3 p.m.
E-mail address : [email protected]
Photo by Thanzi Thanzeer on Unsplash